Monday, July 16, 2012

London

I understand that the few of you who read my blog wait with baited breath for my next post (totally sarcastic). Well good news Morrical lovers, I got to go to London. It was magical ... and rainy. After visiting Warwick Castle I was pretty certain that nothing could compare. I was wrong. This  was our first weekend for free travel and sicne we went as a group to Warwick we only had Saturday and Sunday. We decided to take the train to London for a day trip. Here are some pics and stories to go with!  

This is Paddington Station. It is the largest in the world and absolutely incredible. 

We took a train from Oxford into Paddington station and then connected to the underground. The underground was so great and felt like something off of Harry Potter. 



These guys right here. They have won my heart. They look like little toy soldiers but are actually pretty scary except when they break character and laugh at themselves. 

Just hanging out on my beautiful amazing white horse in my super cool police outfit. 

That guy didnt have a horse. he must not be that awesome. 


Here comes the band. 



This guy knew I was taking his picture. Notice the direct eye contact and mean mugging. Gotta love it.



I dont know what these guys do but I love their outfits.




A little boy got in trouble. They don't like it when you step over the line.

How priceless is this picture? I love that he is so irritated with my picture taking.

Get it which ya baton/ceptor of power. 








Afternoon tea. So delicious. 

This is what I had for lunch it was unreal. The bottom meat looking thing was called bacon! It was so tender and think. I think it was more ham like. On top of the bacon was a poached egg and on top of that was a huge slice of grilled pineapple. On the side were some delicious chips (french fries). This was pretty adventurous for me and I really loved it.

Christina had fish and chips. She never tries new things so this was a first for her and she loved it!! 





Just hanging with Big Ben.








The view from the London Eye was breathtaking. I wish I could of seen it at night but I had to go home. Go up the London Eye was such an incredible experience. I am so glad I got to do it.



It is so strange but the food from the street vendors is always the best! This is chocolate covered strawberry's and marsh mellows on a stick. Oh my word was it good and it hit the spot as we walked over the bridge to the Thames river cruise.



We did alot of activities in London for super cheap. This was our boat captain for the Thames river cruise we went on. It was so great and very very cold. 




Sometimes you just have to ask strangers to take embarrassing pictures of you. Its fine. 


'Merica

This was a really cool area. It is the media hub of London. I think it is trying to be Times Square. Now Ive never been to Times Square but Im guessing this does come close. Sorry but America wins on this one.

This picture blows my mind. It literally looks fake. I swear it is real though. 




Well after a long day in London we headed back to Paddington to take a train to Oxford. We thought our night was over but we were wrong. We're always wrong. 

We boarded one of the last trains out so it was packed. As we stood there, crammed in the very middle, shopping bags and gear cramming the Aisle, we had an encounter with our very first  "stag party," the equivalent to an American bachelor party. There were four our five guys in our car and then the rest of the party somewhere else on the train. These boys were drunker than drunk with wine spilled all over their clothes. They had about 100 plastic cups and a full bottle of wine. They were offering everyone on the train drinks (obviously no one accepting). As soon as the final drop of wine was drunk the boys all became very sad all at the same time. Then one of the guys reached into, who knows where, and pulled out a full bottle of wine shouting "ta-da." They proceeded to praise him with loud claps and cheers. Christina and I were trying so hard to blend in and not get their attention but seeing as how we were young American girls standing directly in the middle of everything I suppose it was unavoidable. 

Sure enough the leader of the drunks called out across the way to Christina. He said in his amazing British accent, "I like your turquoise nails. They are turquoise?" From that point on the boys were fascinated with us referring to us as "Texas." We got to our first stop and several people got off the train so we slid into the first available seat. Sure enough as soon as we look up the boys had slid into the seats in front of us. 

It was the best and longest train ride of my life. These boys were hilarious and so cute! One boy was trying to win Christina's heart and the other mine. It was a jolly good time. 

Lots of Love 
Katy 


No comments:

Post a Comment