Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Beautiful thing about Suffering ...

Recently I have begun Discipleship school with my church here in abilene. I have only had three days of classes but already the Lord is rocking my world.

For the past two years I have been walking through a very lonely and broken place. I have been struggling with feeling overwhelmed and anxious. I am not going to go into details but basically I have had a rough journey; however the Lord is good and has given me so much revelation.

The reality is that God promises not to give us more than we can handle. In my darkest moments I remember crying out to God thinking I couldnt handle anymore and then something else terrible would happen. I used to look at this endless cycle of hardship with confusion and frustration. I was angry with God and yet I continued to faithfully follow him.

I realized this, the most beautiful places are the broken ones. I am thankful that God is continually breaking my heart. All of this brokenness means that God sees strength in me. I have decided to be honored with suffering because it only makes me stronger. God called Job his faithful servant. My story reminds me of Jobs story. I want to be a faithful servant.

In my c3:16 group one of the men was talking about going in to war and how we wouldn't want to enter a war with a pillow for our weapon. Instead, we want a sharp sword. The dark troubling times is when your sword gets sharpened. If I constantly lived on a glorious sunny mountain top with god my weapon would be a soft as a fluffy feather pillow. I am walking through the darkest slums rubbing my sword up against rocks so that i might be prepared for future battle.

Thank you father for my brokenness. You have shown me how strong I am. I am thankful you would trust me to walk through so much darkness and still chase after your light. You are perfect, beautiful, and everything I need in this world.

Lots of Love
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment